Monday, September 12, 2011

A great day of R&R

The kids and I recently had a wonderful, fun, and relaxing day together.  We slept in (which never happens at our house).  Played around the house.  Took our time getting ready.  Went to a show, God Lives in Glass.  Meet the cast and MD.  Got an a poster signed by the entire cast.  Went out to dinner.  Did a little shopping.  Ended the night with yummy treats and snuggle time on the couch while we watched a movie.


God Lives in Glass is an amazing stage production/musical that discusses children's views and opinions about God from all over the world.  It was very powerful for the kids and I to see how important God is to almost every child in the world.  Even if they haven't been exposed to religion, children just seem to know that Heavenly Father exists.  They just don't always know what to call him or understand what he make look like or what our relation is to to him.  I am grateful to have take my kids to such a wonderful show.  It was funny and touching and crazy and profound.  I am also grateful that my children know who their Heavenly Father is and that they are his children.  We talked about that after the show and both kids felt a greater need to share what they know with others.  I think I may have a couple of young missionaries on my hands!

In the famous UNLV Flashlight outside the theather
Ally is too cool to get in the flashlight but at least she let me take a picture.

Shopping at the outdoor outlet mall.  Aden got a sign for his room and a new leather coat.
All picked up a faux fur coat and some cute shoes.

Lucky for us the day was sprinkled with warm rain and cool weather.

Goof #1

Goof #A

I love having an iphone with a camera on it.  I'm always prepared to snap a photo.

I drove the kids by the new Symphony Park to see how the Smith Center is coming along.

A beautiful sunset to end a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment